JOB SUMMARY: Perform equipment and systems maintenance, repair or replacement tasks necessary to maintain and maximize productivity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on designated equipment.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance activities necessary to return non-operational equipment to “operational” status.
- Check and adjust tolerances on product cutting equipment.
- Work with Maintenance Manager, Production Supervisors, and management personnel to troubleshoot production and maintenance problems.
- Package and prepare equipment for shipment to vendors.
- Participate in team activities designed to improve quality and/or safety.
- Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment.
- Assist Production Supervisor in coordinating necessary maintenance activities with production requirements.
- Calibrate raw material feeders at multiple delivery rates and complete necessary documentation.
- Operate equipment to sharpen cutting blades used in the production process.
- Install and/or remove equipment.
- One year experience or training in maintenance-related activity.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to understand, discuss and evaluate equipment performance.
- Communication abilities and good interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasionally required to sit; use hands to fingertip, handle, or feel; reach with arms and talk or hear, stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.