JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the management and coordination of the Research and Development projects using systems, protocols, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new products for Niche and its customers
- Approve new formulations for Niche and its customers
- Approve formulation for production products when standard formulation not available or requires change.
- Approve new raw materials.
- Develop and maintain all Technical Data Sheets and Molding Conditions
- Maintain all raw material, additive and finished product lists
- Maintain R&D and lab extruder schedule
- Develop and train lab technicians on all lab procedures
- Review lab results for quality issues, coordinate and manage changes as necessary.
- Initial planning of product to final state utilizing process flow charts, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and control plans as required.
- Develop all documentation required for automotive approvals, UL approvals and other customer approvals of new/updated products.
- Outsource where needed, and with approval of CEO or Managing Director, quality critical lab work.
- Technical resource to Quality Resource for Internal, customer and supplier corrective actions
- Other duties are required by management
- 2 years experience in a quality assurance position.
- Bachelor’s degree in applied science or engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with quality management systems.
- Experience with quality system audits.
- Excellent analytic and reporting skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger tip, handle, or feel; reach with arms and talk or hear, stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.